Nearly a year into his coup, and the day after the president* called a press conference to deny his stupidity (Oh, ye Deplorables; gaze at what ye have wrought!), we present this week’s au courant links:
- More price gougining; price of 40 year old cancer drug raised by 1,400% by new owners.
- Though Americans support expanding SS, the ReThugs are trying to cut it.
- News the WH is playing down: “J20 defendants cleared of all charges.
- On Borging yourself.
- 2018 IGF finalists.
- Trump goes full Fredo.
- Mapzen folding up all its maps at the end of January.
- Airplane passenger smeared feces everywhere so badly airline thought Trump was involved.
- Same as it ever was: Intel CEO sold his stock upon learning of the vulnerabilities of its processors. 1
- Why Slack community involvement is rising.
- Roy Moore sexual assault accuser Tina Johnson’s house burns down. Arson is suspected. 2
- Google on the latest computer vulnerabilities.
- 50 best games of 2017.
- The uncertain financial future for those 35 or under.
- Why we’re writing languages for quantum computers that barely exist.
- What happens when businesses refuse cash as payment.
- New robots are about to enter into surgical operating rooms.
And finally the top earth from space views of 2017: