This week’s au courant links:
- On interactive fiction…
- Again, do you really need to be told NOT to buy an Echo?
- 2nd Chance: organizations helps pedophiles rebuild new lives by getting them elected to office.
- Trent Franks (ReThug – AZ) tried to rent out staffers’ uteri for $5 mil. 1
- In other Contraction news: Climate change as genocide.
- SoCal’s trees are dying. 2
- Charlies Pierce on Erik Prince: Unbelievable (complete transcript here.)
- Okay – the Chicago school system may be slightly more gorked than KC’s.
- Facebook is using AI to try to prevent suicide.
- Transient: On capturing pretty spectacular lightning images.
- Smart condoms and insights into your sex life (velocity of thrusts, anyone?) you probably could do without.
And finally, it’s getting closer and closer…
- Franks should have, according to natural selection, been deselected by now. Just shows how money and power game everyfuckingthing.
Out behind the barn with him; two in the head. ↩
- On another note, we were watching La La Land last evening and the Asta’s were going on and on about living somewhere with palms trees. All i could think of was the hordes of rats that make their nests in them. Yes, even on Hollywood Boulevard: Palm trees are nothing but expensive condos to rats. ↩