Thank Thor the humid summer heat seems to have retreated; here’s hoping we’ve seen the last of it for this calendar year… This week’s au courant links:
- Steve Bannon confirms what we already knew: Trump is intentionally blowing up the ACA.
- Paqui’s Carolina Reaper Madness tortilla chip; it’s so good/hot you’ll cry. 1
- The Pentagon has been paying (through the nose) for the NFL’s displays of patriotism.
- The alt-right is looking forward to those concentration camps.
- Things you didn’t know had names.
- While the rest of the world invests more in education, the U.S. spends less. 2
- The coming software apocalypse.
- China had a sex doll sharing service…for about 4 days.
- Good news: We found half the universe’s missing matter!
- Superglue is getting smarter.
- A scholarly gathering laments the decline of democracy. 3
And finally, a new (2018) series based on PKD short stories from Amazon: