This week’s au courant links:
- Scott Pruit is an sniveling, abject coward. 1
- Jack in the Green is nearly here!
- On using bazookas against
red lightsurveillance cameras.
- Saudi Arabia: atheists are terrorists! 2
- X-Prize Tricorder winner is announced.
- The deeply scary 3 heuristic algorithms behind some autonomous cars.
- Amazon Go making self checkout a reality a decade sooner than expected.
- The inevitable counter-meme; no, we can’t say cancer is mostly bad luck.
- NOAA to receive funding…until OMP slashes that budget.
- The NYT finally says what everyone else knew: The “gig” economy is just the “slave” economy rebranded by the Tupperware salesfolk.
- VeriSign/Symantec tracks 40 cyber attacks to CIA’s recently “released” tools.
- Adidias to sell 100,000 3D printed sneakers.
And finally, on the northern European Renaissance: