If you live in Kansas City, go vote. I don’t particularly care whether you favor Sly and the Council Stoned’s GO Bonds proposal (though, frankly, if you vote for those you’re less numerate than the very worst Powerball addict), but go and vote. I would recommend you vote for the itsy bitsy step toward decriminalizing dope, at least within city limits. But vote.
Get into the habit of voting. Remind yourself it’s your actual civic duty. Keep voting every time an election comes up.
You never know when your vote might save or damn your country.
AFTERNOON UPDATE: There were a exactly eight people in my polling place a few minutes go. Only one of us was there to vote.
Jeff Sessions made plain today that the ReThugs are intent on undoing every single damned thing “that black mothefucker” put into place; that OMP‘s neo-Confederate Kleptocracy is going to forcefully move blacks back into their place and there’ll be no damned sass about it:
- If you’re beaten, maimed and even killed by the police, well then, boy, it’s because you deserve it.
- If you are not educated, or only minimally so (in order to keep you off the streets), it’s because you don’t deserve it.
- If you can not find work that pays a living wage, tough shit, boy; you’re lucky we let you work at all (in order to keep you off the streets).
- If we flood your neighborhoods with drugs in order to both pacify and incarcerate you, boy, it’s only what you deserve.
No, Sessions did not come out and actually say those things. But you could see it in his beady little eyes and the nearly unrestrained glee with which he made his announcement.
To paraphrase Huey Walker, “The OMP years are going to make the Nixon years look like the Eisenhower years.”
Put another way, it appears slavery, rapine, pillaging and looting is back on the menu. 1
Speaking of rapine…
Out of the blue, and with no warning, the Well Hell Michelle gal infected me this morning. And like most of the delicately awkward situations in which I’ve found myself, it was Warren’s fault. 2
A long time reader emailed me overnight to say that she had run across a comment Warren had posted on Well Hell Michelle‘s site and would I be interested in the link? Sure, I said, though isn’t that blog defunct? Whereupon the lady informed me she had accidentally run across the archives and yadda yadda yadda…
Foolhardy chap that I am I followed the link, whereupon (almost before the page had rendered) F-Secure popped up letting me know I had been dosed (didn’t Well Hell Michelle have some connection to the pr0n industry?) Rude, just freaking rude. If you’re going to retire, retire.
Don’t leave honey pots around to tempt the
- And this from people who seriously thought Spock had Antonin Scalia killed, Obama was coming for everyone’s guns and HRC was running a pedo ring out of a WDC pizza joint. Actually, when you stop to consider it, the deplorables is far too mild an appellation. ↩
- No, Warren’s still dead, damnit. We’ll not see his like again… ↩