This week’s au courant links:
- The Daily Mail shut down Melania Trump’s bald attempt at profiting as The First Lady.
- OMP is the sole reliable source of truth. 1
- 9th Circuit of Appeals ruled against rescinding 2 Our Manchurian President’s travel ban.
- Total recall.
- Whew! And here we were worried our computer chips wouldn’t work on Venus.
- The Russian slot machine cheat (with no fix.)
- Private browser history can give away your identity. 3
- Untranslatable emotions. 4
- Yet another attempt to make something simple and good out of the magniloquent.
- In our only nod to the upcoming Hallmark holiday, the best romantic movie from the year you were born.
And finally, some esoteric kekism (or “he who controls the memes”):
- Writing the long form –Our Manchurian President– is gonna kill us; from this point onward we intent to use OMP. ↩
- What’s significant about this is the ruling was in a per curiam opinion. Per SCOTUS blog: “Traditionally, the per curiam opinion was used to signal that a case was uncontroversial, obvious, and did not require a substantial opinion.” Take heed, White House you’re coming across as rank amateurs. ↩
- LOVE The Atlantic, but…duh! ↩
- A colleague’s daughter –teaching English in Japan– taught us new one a couple of weeks ago: Hana panikku, which translates as “nose panic.” Yes, wasabi WAS involved. ↩