This week’s au courant links:
- Motherfuckers; DoJ resumed allowing cops to keep stuff they steal.
- Trust me, soccer moms and dads – you DON’T know what offsides is. 1
- Hillary refuses to debate Sanders until he “changes his tone.” 2
- AP makes it official: no caps for ‘internet’ and ‘web’.
- Online casinos start financing wars in MMO game Eve Online. 3
- First Canada had a maple syrup crisis, now it’s a sperm crisis.
- Regenerating spinal cords from stem cells.
- France jumps onto the forced decryption band wagon.
- The art of Robert Altbauer.
- TechCrunch on why every household is about to get a new ‘fridge. 4
And finally, John Cleese screws up all the good work our earlier link on offsides might have done you:
- This is as close as I come to a ‘pet peeve’, listening to parents at Scheels, Heritage and Swope Park yammer on and on about how the other team was offsides. Man I hate that. Almost as much as I hate those obnoxious third-grade girls who think because they’re cute AND will cry at the drop of a hat that I won’t yellow or red card them. Cause I totally will. Done it before, will do it again. Sure the little brat cried, but she should have thought of that before she threw her 4th forearm shiver. ↩
- Her Imperiousness is a more-than-miffed stance Sanders dared run against her in the first place, but his continued criticisms of her proposed policies and ties to Wall Street are what is driving her latest snerk. ↩
- You’ll be unsurprised to learn the root cause of this war is…wait for it…money. ↩
- Except the Charles manse; the IoT is open to malware like no one’s business – to be useful, the ‘fridge would need to be encrypted. Which ipso facto would bring the majestic weight of the FBI and NSA lumbering into our home. So we’ll be staying with “dumb” appliances, thank you very little. ↩