This week’s au courant links:
- Let’s get it out of the way: The weird history behind DST. 1
- Kidney transplants from ANY donor.
- Legalizing weed is doing what 40 years of oppressive policy couldn’t. 2
- Waaaaaay past time: Diffie & Hellman win The Turing Award
- AlphaGo beat Lee Se-dol last night to assure the series win (3-0). European Go champion Fan Hui called one move in Game 2 inhuman: “It’s not a human move. I’ve never seen a human play this move,” he says. “So beautiful.” WNBTv will live stream the games each night here, as well as embed the previous games.
- Wolfram on AI and the future of civilization.
- It isn’t Hillary running her own email server that’s the issue, it’s what her emails reveal about her (putative) policies.
- It should tell you something important when Mitts stops attacking Trump to endorse Hillary.
- Molly Ivins, still dead damn it, speaks for a lot of us.
- Talking about Scalia honestly.
- NYT dissects pop culture via 25 songs.
- Opps! No jobs for Gen Y/Millennials…
And finally, in case you want to see a snarky take on DST: