This week’s au courant links:
- VOX: American Authoritarianism.
- Sweden opens world’s first unmanned food store.
- US and EU trade officials promised Big Oil they could continue to flood coastlines world-wide after TTIP.
- Origins of Trump’s candidacy lie moldering in a South Carolina grave. 1
- IF magazine, complete archives. Free.
- Wait But Why on the fear of public speaking.
- OZ magazine, complete archives. Free.
- US attempting to undermine India’s solar initiative.
- On Negro whisperers.
- On Obama’s bizarre secrecy obsession. CLICK THROUGH: A MUST READ
- Bernie’s not talking to the Boomers; he’s talking to everyone else.
- Why Bernie is the only hope for Dems/Libs/Progressives. (Hint: it has to do with Hillary being a disaster.)
- Why Bernie can win.
- Why Warren should have run as well.
And finally, dog vs. (robot) dog:
- Hint: You start out in 1954 by saying, “Nigger, nigger, nigger.” By 1968 you can’t say “nigger”—that hurts you, backfires. So you say stuff like, uh, forced busing, states’ rights, and all that stuff, and you’re getting so abstract. Now, you’re talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you’re talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is, blacks get hurt worse than whites.… “We want to cut this,” is much more abstract than even the busing thing, uh, and a hell of a lot more abstract than “Nigger, nigger.” – Lee Atwater ↩