This week’s au courant links:
- You will remember our article on Iceland’s approach to the Great Recession? That’s right, they jailed their bankers. Now Iceland intends to pay out KR 30,000 to every citizen from those same banks. Meanwhile, our DoJ has done…what?
- Best, proven way to fight poverty? Free money.
- The European Center for Constitutional and Human Rights file war crimes against Shrub the Lesser, The Dark Lord, Rumsfield and certain CIA operatives; Bush the Elder says “about damn time.”
- Willie Nelson against Big Pot.
- Ohioans vote against Big Pot.
- Why arbitration is going to kill class action suits.
- Common Dreams take on the arbitration issue.
- Can’t tell the players without a scorecard: Syria.
- Taibbi on Bernie Sanders.
- Can’t touch this: Oklahoma police officers.
- Chicago police using “heat lists” to predict crime. 1
- Back in New Hampshire a man is arrested for parking in a “predictive hot spot.” 2
And finally, ballerina pole-dancing: