While at first blush this would seem a good fit -after all, no one else does Devil’s Night like Detroit – apparently some of the local H. monastic got up on their cross and started preaching:
“This unveiling will not happen in the City of Detroit on my watch,” said Bishop Corletta Vaughn of the Holy Ghost Cathedral in Detroit. “I’m here to stand against this being in the City of Detroit. We will not turn over our city to Satanists. It’s a violent spirit that’s moving to the city and infiltrating that place. We will drive them out of Dodge.”
“Satan has no place in this city, or any other city,” said James Bluford of Rochester Hills, who was among the first to arrive for the prayers.
Renla Session of Detroit came carrying a placard that said: “SATAN can not exist where there is truth and JESUS is the TRUTH.”
The unveiling was to take place at Bert’s Marketplace, but Bert backed out once H. Monastic showed up.
So those wily Satanists came up with a new plan.
They changed the location of the unveiling and, to thwart the protestors, asked all attendees to sign a contract transferring their souls to Satan.
Attendees for the event had to go through the following process:
1. Show up at the location stated on the e-ticket.
2. Go through a security checkpoint there.
3. Sign a contract transferring their souls to Satan. 2
4. Get the real location for the event, which was miles away.
The unveiling went off with nary a protestor about.
BAPHOMET BONUS POINTS: Baphomet may soon travel to Arkansas!
- If you’re wondering how that lil’ effort is going…well, it depends on whom you ask: the Oklahoma State Supreme Court says, in essence, that either the Baphomet statue goes up or the 10 Commandments come down. The Oklahoma governor says “phooey on dat shit“, or words to that effect. Then, after the state Supremes just yesterday refused to reconsider their original 7-2 decision, the governor still hasn’t acted, claiming a bunch of arrant nonsense. It may well come to the point where she is held in contempt. Fun stuff. ↩
- Which states: “I agree that by signing this document under any name, given or adopted, actual or pseudonymous, I am hereby avowing my soul to Satan (aka Abbadon, aka Lucifer, aka Beelzebub, aka The Antichrist). I do so knowing that He (aka The Fallen One, aka The Father of Lies) or any of His representatives may choose to collect my eternal soul at any time, with or without notice. I understand that my signature or mark representing any name, real or made up, upon these papers constitutes a lasting and eternal contract, and that there will be no further negotiations on the matter of my eternal soul.” ↩