This week’s au courant links:
- An aggregator we follow: BELONG.
- Just in time for tomorrow night’s return of Game of Thrones: the complete illustrated guide to all 465 deaths.
- Barney Frank explained how Bush and Obama fucked us.
- FB alternative wannabe Ello goes down the drain.
- Artisanal pencil sharpening (cheap @ $15 per pencil!)
- Suspended animation is already being used…on your dog.
- Scientology lingo.
- Tewksbery police pay Bitcoin ransom to retrieve access to their own server. 1
- Why Mickey D’s chicken nuggets have 4 distinct shapes. 2
- The Hugo Awards have turned really, really political. So much so that there is a movement afoot to make use of the seldom used No Award vote.
And finally, for those guys still wearing real shoes: shine, baby, shine!
- A Gentle Reminder™: keep your systems updated and hardened on a regular schedule; run an effective AV (we have used F-Secure for years…and no, they don’t pay us to say so – they’re just that good.) and a Whitelister of your choice, as well as configuring those same settings on your external router. Don’t open unidentified emails; don’t open email attachments from unknown senders; don’t click on AMY links in ANY email; don’t talk to strangers… ↩
- Watching how a McNugget is made is…fun. ↩