The week’s au courant links:
- It’s official: SXSW has jumped the shark.
- Seriously? le sigh… Now available; the world’s first commercially available handheld flamethrower. 1
- The Worst Internet of Things bracket.
- Portland, OR, selects some carpet (from its 75 year old International Airport – take a hint, KC) to be the Grand Marshall for its Starlight parade.
- Odd; some of the stars pulse to the Golden Mean.
- Deckard was a replicant. Or…not.
- Finally! Now your refrigerator can join in on those lovely botnet attacks.
- Bionic Bras! 2
- The Sext Machine.
- Stop Robot Abuse! 3
- The dTLDS 4 “.sucks” to be available soon…for a price.
And finally, Harlan Ellison 5 on writing:
- Lawsuits starting in 3…2…1… ↩
- What an evocative name for a rock and roll band. ↩
- They’ll be screaming a different, painful tune when Skynet finally self-organizes. ↩
- generic top-level domains ↩
- My favorite story: once asked for a tip by a fan Ellison responded “Use a little hair conditioner on your beard before shaving; it will make for a smoother shave.” ↩