This week’s au courant links:
- Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!
- Dish DVR’s AutoHop feature: watch nothing but the Super Bowl commercials. 1
- Coming soon:superintelligence.
- Grim Fandango is back!
- Saved By the Bell: scathing feminist commentary.
- The ever widening air-gap between what scientists know and what John Q. Public believes. 2
- Self-assembling transistors.
- Cluster sneezes. 3
- Interview With a Troll.
- Best late to work excuses evah!
And finally, how to mispronounce British place names:
- Inventive use of technology, though in this case a waste: the Super Bowl commercial meme jumped Fonzie’s smelly old man body a decade ago. When Budweiser, who only does “cute”, decides to pull their big-ass horses from the spectacle (like they did last year), you know its’s over. ↩
- A perfect example of this is the increasing percentage of college educated adults who still cling to the belief –despite numerous thoroughly documented and peer-reviewed studies proving otherwise — that childhood vaccines cause autism. ↩
- Knowing why this occurs is not going to make Nora any less pleased with me when I rip off 12 or 13 sneezes in a row. Usually at night…while putatively sleeping. I’m jes’ sayin’, more research, Mr. Scientist, on a ‘cure.’ ↩