We have a perfectly good kitchen in the condo. Given the crisp insect-free air and stunning mountain view just outside the open windows, some might go so far as to call it a “world class” kitchen. 1
The Astas insisted we eat at The Blue Moose anyway.
Which is not a bad thing. Locals and the lucky tourists -who sometimes drive thousands of miles just to eat here- are in agreement, there’s not a finer breakfast to be had anywhere in these here hills. 2 And their coffee is great.
From a vacationing-not-paying-attention-to-the-national-circus perspective, the Moose is also an informational treasure trove; hundreds of people pass through its doors every morning, many of them leaving behind their local newspapers. 3 I got an eyeful this morning, you betcha. Herewith follow, in no particular order or importance, my observations:
- Sarah Palin is calling for Biden to be kicked off the Dem’s ticket? WTF? Never gonna happen. Here’s the thing, Sarah; you were the willing – I emphasize willing – town pump for the GOP a few years back. Again let me emphasize – a few years back. Everyone had a good time, yourself included, but the world has moved on. Yes, I know they said they’d call you and then didn’t. But get over it, guys have been saying crap like that since they discovered all they had to do was lie to get into a girl’s pants. Shit, Sarah, grow up – it’s not like it’s your first grizzly hunt. Right?
- And while we’re here, may I just say I luvs me some Joe Biden? Fucker is fearless; he know’s he’s term-limited out, even if the Obama administration wins: why not state the truth? The Republicans would re-enslave very black in the country had they their way. Hell, it’s not even like it’s a dirty secret the GOP tries to hide. If it were up to the majority of the GOP, it would be the central plank of their platform. 4
- One of the newspapers had an AP photo of Romney and Ryan officially “kicking off” their campaign on the deck of what looked like a carrier. Seriously? Neither of these guys came anywhere near the services. Both of the guys believe we shouldn’t build billion dollar carriers, and if we should, it should be done by private practise, not paid for and overseen by the Federal government. Irony much?
- Again, while we’re at it…Paul Ryan? Really? Dude, I’ve got Grateful Dead tour tees older than this kid. Plus? “Biggest Brown Noser”? Thanks, but no thanks.
- If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise, don’t even start. This could mean losing girlfriends, wives, relatives and maybe even your mind. It could mean not eating for three or four days. It could mean freezing on a park bench. It could mean jail. It could mean derision. It could mean mockery — isolation. Isolation is the gift. All the others are a test of your endurance, of how much you really want to do it. And, you’ll do it, despite rejection and the worst odds. And it will be better than anything else you can imagine. If you’re going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods, and the nights will flame with fire. You will ride life straight to perfect laughter. It’s the only good fight there is…
The original 1-percenter, Charles Bukowski, would have been 92 today.
- I might have been deep into the weed and wine when that was uttered. ↩
- I had ‘The Boss’ today; eggs over easy, pancakes and a sirloin steak. ↩
- If you can, off the top of your head, tell me which city the Stutsman County News services, you’ve waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time on your hands. ↩
- Directly followed by the plank that puts bitches back in the kitchen. Even if we have to upside their heads with this wood. Ya feelin’ me? ↩