Fuck. Is there such a thing as ear bleach? 1
Without going into a ton of detail 2 a couple of things bothered me (more than usual) tonight.
What’s with this OCD fascination with following Muslims around? Nearly all of the jackasses tonight 3 believe we need to monitor Muslims closer than other citizens.
There’s bigotry and knee-jerk reactionism all over this idea 4 but what is most disturbing is the stupidity. Listen up people – we can’t physically do this unless we overwork already overworked DISA/NSA/CIA/FBI/DNI/DIA/NGA/NRO/DOE-OI/HSPD/INR/TFI/SS agents. 5
Plus, and I hate to be the bearer of bad news, do you truly believe all these agencies would/will/have-ever-in-the-past played nice with each other? As Al Hare, erstwhile Oakland, Cali, boy and my long ago military running-partner would say: Sheee-it!
Then there’s that whole assumption thang: one assumes that if one is following Muslims around that one has solved the problem, eh? Holy logical fallacy, Batman! Plus once the social media types can find and convince a followed-around Muslim to do an interview, there’s all that negative publicity. Which, as I understand the argument, leads to more disenfranchised and possibly radicalized Muslims. Which means we’d have more Muslims to follow around…
Eventually we would all work for intelligence agencies. Sort of…ad hoc like. Reminiscent of…oh Germany in a certain era? 6
- And eye bleach, please: Bachmann’s lipstick made her look like the Joker. Wadup wid dat? ↩
- I still have to finish the TPS reports…right after I wipe some of the vomit off them. ↩
- With the notable exception of Ron Paul. Who also thinks we ought to call “olly olly oxen free” on The War on Drugs, as it was lost back in the 70s; too bad so few people noticed. ↩
- …closer than other citizens? Really? How close are they monitoring the rest of us, you ask. Well…don’t ask; you don’t want to know. ↩
- Yes, I agree: we need MORE intelligence agencies. ↩
- And did you hear Newt say he’d bomb the shit out of Iran as long as it resulted in regime change? Well, I did and I’m here to tell you we don’t have anything in our arsenal that will bomb the shit out of a country AND guarantee regime change too. Just hasn’t been invented. You know what guarantees regime change? A whole lot of ground troops, in the hundred thousand range actually, that’s what guarantees regime change. So Newt wants yet another war. Sounds like to me he’s got the whole military–industrial complex vote sewn up, huh? ↩